Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dancing

Sitting in downtown Portland (seems a lifetime ago) 
at the bus stop, I sat next to a gentleman, holding a cane. 
At first, he said nothing, and then he asked me where I 
was from. He told me how he had met his wife in Japan.
 He told me they had a daughter (who was all grown up
now, and a lawyer). He told me that his wife had been a
 ballerina, and he told me that when his daughter was 
little, he would dance with her by having her stand on
top of his feet. I love that story for many reasons, one of
them being it was about dance. I'm not a dancer (except
alone in my room, but please don't tell anyone) but I love 
almost everything about dance. I still remember coming
 home to be in a friend's wedding, and during the reception, 
was able to get my dad to dance one song with me...
it made me so happy!  
“A smile is a dance of the face but a dance is a smile of the body.” 
~Jerry Goodbar
"You better slow down. 
Don't dance so fast. 
Time is short. 
The music won't last."
(photos courtesy of: weheartit)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...