Thursday, September 15, 2011

Try, Try, and Tri Again

This past Saturday my older brother woke up at 3:00 a.m. to drive to Myrtle Beach to be in his 2nd triathlon. I got to go and be a fan~I had never seen a triathalon or known someone personally who was a triathlete. I found it fascinating. There were men and women of different ages (the oldest I saw was 65) sizes and experience all competing that morning. Right after the sun rose, you could see what looked like tiny bobbing heads swimming 1000 meters. It is truly amazig what the human body can do.
A triathlon is a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events. Triathlons,, in its most popular form, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances. Triathletes compete for fastest overall course completion time, including timed "transitions" between the individual swim, bike, and run components.
P.S. My brother won 3rd in his division:)
(Photos courtesy of: me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...