Sunday, May 23, 2010

Milk and Cookies




This evening I drove to the store to get one item...yes one item: chocolate chips:) I wanted to make a batch of chocolate chips cookies and that was the key ingredient that was missing from my pantry.
I love the smell of a fresh batch of cookies just coming out of the oven but even more than that...I love the taste of a warm cookie with a cold glass of milk and that smile that I can't seem to stop from spreading clear across my face:)

Ingredients
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups milk (or semisweet) chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

(Photos courtesy of: Me)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...