Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Daisy, oh Daisy




I love flowers:) There are so many to choose from so I have a hard time saying I have only 1 favorite but in my category of "favorite flowers" are daisies. In the words of Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail "I love daisies. They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

"And a breastplate made of daisies, Closely fitting, leaf on leaf, Periwinkles interlaced Drawn for belt about the waist; While the brown bees, humming praises, Shot their arrows round the chief."
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Over the shoulders and slopes of the dune I saw the white daisies go down to the sea, A host in the sunshine, an army in June, The people God sends us to set our heart free. 
~William Bliss Carman 

There is a flower, a little flower With silver crest and golden eye, That welcomes every changing hour, And weathers every sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...