Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Unique Combination

Please let me preface this by saying "Please don't judge me" :) This past weekend I found a wonderful combination that I had heard about but never tried. Sitting on a back patio, candles lighting up the table, I tried a bottle of stout and a chocolate truffle. It was a taste I was not at all familiar with. I had tasted cheese & wine, espresso and chocolate mousse, and now stout and truffle...it was delicious.

1. stout - a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops.

2. truffle - Any of various chocolate confections, especially one made of a mixture including chopped nuts, rolled into balls and covered with cocoa powder.

(Photos courtesy of: google image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...