Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dear Mr. President

From: Andy Smith
"Today my mother declared my bedroom a disaster area. I would like to request federal funds to hire a crew to clean up my room."

President Ronald Reagan's response: 
"Dear Andy, your application for disaster relief has been duly noted but I must point out one technical problem; the authority declaring the disaster is supposed to make the request. In this case your mother."
Dear President Bush,
There are too many states. I have to memorize all of them AND their stupid capitals (even Bismarck) and it’s too hard! Please get rid of some of them before I fail geography. Why not start with North Dakota? It’s small and cold and its state animal is a gopher. Nobody likes gophers.
Gene, age 9

*In the summer of 1973, President Richard M. Nixon contracted viral pneumonia and had to be hospitalized. His illness prompted a letter from eight-year-old John W. James III, who had just undergone the same ordeal: 
"Dear President Nixon, I heard you were sick with pneumonia. I just got out of the hospital yesterday with pneumonia and I hope you did not catch it from me. Now you be a good boy and eat your vegetables like I had too [sic]!! If you take your medicine and your shots, you'll be out in 8 days like I was."
 *There is no record of Nixon's vegetable consumption, but his bout with pneumonia lasted eight days—exactly as long as John's.


(photos courtesy of: weheartit)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...