Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday

For some reason I was thinking of this excerpt from "Blue Like Jazz" this morning.
It has become one of my most favorite parts of this book. 
"A guy I know named Alan went around the country asking ministry leaders questions. One visit he made to a man named Bill Bright, the president of a big ministry. Alan said he was a big man, full of life, who listened without shifting his eyes. A final question, he asked Dr. Bright what Jesus meant to him. Alan said Dr. Bright could not answer the question. He said Dr. Bright just started to cry. He sat there in his big chair behind his big desk and wept. 
When Alan told that story I wondered what it was like to love Jesus that way. I wondered, quite honestly, if Bill Bright was just nuts or if he really knew Jesus in a personal way, so well that he would cry at the very mention of His name. I knew then that I would like to know Jesus like that, with my heart, not just my head. "
(photos courtesy of:weheartit. 
excerpt:"Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...