Monday, August 22, 2011

Driving Miss Ethridge

I have been re-learning how to drive...you might be thinking "Umm, why would she be having to re-learn how to drive?" Well, for this simple reason: Driving an automatic is not what made movies like The Italian Job or The Transporter look so cool...it was the manual. The reving of the engine as the drivers would throw their cars into high gear is what secretly always made me want to be good at driving a standard/manual/stick shift.
When I moved to South Carolina three weeks ago, my wish came true. I have been practicing around the neighbored, driving mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear, with the occasional stalling in front of the neighbored kids, who try not to stare too much.
Today was a big day. I drove out on the main roads, crossed traffic, (stalled twice) stopped at all appropriate lights and made it back home safely! I was happy and I think so was my brother!
 So, I am hoping that when Hollywood makes the sequel to The Italian Job, they will call me for my mad driving skills...maybe in my dreams:)
(photos courtesy of:weheartit.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...