Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Little Girls, and One Pink Rose

For the past twelve weeks myself and another woman (Annmarie) 
met with a group of 5th and 6th grade girls in a corner classroom at our church. 
At 4 o'clock we would watch as their sweet, beautiful, and alive faces would 
walk in and then for the next two hours we would share with them and they 
would share with us.We talked about God, family, friends, boys, their bodies, 
their emotions, their heart and their future. Sitting in my kitchen is a vase with two 
pink roses. One of them a gift from one of the girls named Gillian. She walked in 
wearing her bright green coat, holding a rose in each hand and then sweetly handed 
them to Annmarie and I. It melted my heart. 
I will miss spending that time with them. 
(Photos courtesy of: Me) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...