Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thank you, Mr. Chesterton


One of my favorite quotes is by G.K. Chesterton. 

“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist,
 but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

I also found others by him that I liked so much 
that I wanted to share them with you. 
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought;
 and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” 

“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.” 
 “You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.” 
“There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate 
more and more. The other is to desire less.” 
“There is the great lesson of 'Beauty and the Beast,' that a thing 
must be loved before it is lovable.” 

(photos courtesy of:we heart it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...