Friday, July 15, 2011

Fluffernutter

Last night my friend and I somehow got to talking about marshmallow fluff 
and I told her that my dad use to make peanut butter and marshmallow fluff 
sandwiches when I was growing up.She told me she had never had that kind 
of sandwich before so...
yes, we sat there in our kitchen at ten o'clock in the evening 
eating fluffernutter sandwiches cut into little triangles 
with smiles on our faces.
fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Its name comes from the common use of "Marshmallow Fluff" brand marshmallow creme. It has been proposed as the official Massachusetts state sandwich.

(From the show Rizzoli & Isles)
Isles: Look at this! What is that white substance?
Rizzoli: Fluff.
Isles: Light, downy particles of cotton?
Rizzoli: It's marshmallow, and the brown substance is called peanut butter. 
It's ground up, heavy, oily particles of peanuts.
Isles: It's really good
(photos courtesy of: google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...