Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Library

I love going to the library. In the winter time it's quiet. 
In the summer time there is low chatter of children giggling. 
Sometimes I'll just get cookbooks with bright and vivid 
pictures of fruit tarts and roasted leg of lamb. 
Sometimes I'll get a crime novel that keeps me up at night. 
And sometimes I'll find a book that has short stories about loss and 
love that make me laugh and cry all at the same time. 
"I go into my library and all history unrolls before me."
Alexander Smith

"It is, however, not to the museum, or the lecture-room, or the drawing-school, but to the library, that we must go for the completion of our humanity. It is books that bear from age to age the intellectual wealth of the world."
Owen Meredith

"No furniture so charming as books."
Sydney Smith


(photos courtesy of: weheartit) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...