Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Gift of Time


This morning I sat down with my cup of coffee and this month's issue of Real Simple. As I came to page 206 there was an article titled: Their Gifts of Time. It shared the stories of five different individuals of varying ages, different professions, and race, but all choosing to do one common thing: using their time to help the lives around them. It reminds of someone in my life whom I admire and respect. She is a wife, has a full time job and consistently gives her time to help others. From helping clean her church, to recently volunteering to become a Big Sister in the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program, she reminds me that one person (no matter how small the package:) can make a difference.
*You can find the article on the Real Simple website
http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/gifts-of-time-00000000030604/index.html?xid=cnnfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...