Monday, March 15, 2010

An Open face


I treasure the weekends that I have time to create new recipes~This weekend I made a fresh, open face sandwich that reminded me that spring is around the corner.
Ingredients:
1 piece rustic Italian bread
2 Tlb. Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp. mayonnaise
Your choice of vegetables
(I used asparagus, zucchini, tomato, and romaine lettuce)
Your choice of cheese (I used crumbled sharp cheddar)
3 leaves of Basil for garnish
Directions
Place your piece of Italian bread into a skillet with the olive oil and garlic, on low heat. Toast both sides until golden brown.
Spread a light layer of mayonnaise and then prepare your vegetables. If you want to sauté some of your vegetables (like the zucchini and asparagus) you can use the same skillet that your toasted your bread in.
Place your cheese, and vegetables in layers on top of your garlic, toasted bread (I put the tomatoes on top because they are so colorful)
Put the 3 basil leaves on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
*I did add a nice Salami to it-you can either chose another meat like Turkey or Ham or simply have it vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...