Thursday, March 11, 2010

The elegance of pearls


When I was little, I remember seeing a pair of pearl earrings that my mother had, and thinking "they are soooo pretty" After I discovered how a pearl was created ("The formation of a natural pearl begins when a foreign substance slips into the oyster. The oyster's natural reaction is to cover up that irritant to protect itself. The mantle covers the irritant with layers of the same substance that is used to create the shell;this eventually forms a pearl) I thought they were even more lovely.
Elegant, simple, classic.
*Note:The store The Icing carries imitation pearl earrings that are very pretty and affordable.
(photo courtesy of: amazon.com/Tiffany-Pearls-John-Loring)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...