Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pink

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." 
-Audrey Hepburn
In Japan, the color pink has a masculine association. The annual blooming of the cherry trees, with it's pink blossoms, each spring ( the Sakura ) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life ( the Samurai).
"Pink is the color of romance and a friend tells me that the girl with the pink dress at the party is the one who is selected for each dance."
-Alfred Carl Hottes
(photos courtesy of: weheartit)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...