Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sabrina Fair

I have always loved the name "Sabrina" since I first saw the movie. One rainy day when I was visiting Portland, I saw an older gentleman sitting with a blazer and cane, waiting for the bus. We began to talk and  he told me how he had been in the military, been stationed in Japan and had met his wife; a ballerina. They had one daughter who he would take out on a daddy, daughter date once a week. I asked him, "What's your daughter's name?" He answered, "Sabrina". 

"Sabrina fair, listen where thou art sitting. Under the glassy, cool, translucent wave. In twisted braids of lilies knitting, the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair." ~John Milton
Linus Larrabee:"So, your little poem - what does it mean?" 
Sabrina:"It's the story of a water sprite who saved a virgin from a fate worse than death." 
Linus Larrabee: "And Sabrina's the virgin." 
Sabrina: [quietly] "Sabrina's the savior." 
(photos courtesy of: google)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...