Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Freckles

It has been beautifully sunny for the past few days. 
This morning I only put on a light coat and by noon, I had shed it, 
rolled down my windows and let the breeze dance across my face. 
When the sun makes its appearance, so does something else...freckles. 
Yes, freckles. Across my cheeks, on my nose and up and down my arms. 
 I remember at one time being self-conscience of these 
little polka dots on my face until one day, someone said, 
"I love your freckles!"
It's funny how the things we often want to change about our faces, 
are the very things that someone else finds endearing. 
Who knows of why or what use freckles are; yet, 

I kind of like mine and would miss them very much if they were gone.”

~Owen J. McClain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...