Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friendship

This is a story about friendship. The lady who told me this 
story is now in her 90's. After World  War 2, there was much
 mistrust and prejudice towards the Japanese Americans. This 
woman told me that she and her husband (who had been away 
for 3 years in the military because of the war) became friends
 with a Japanese American couple. It started out with their daughters
 becoming friends, then dinner, playing cards every week,
and eventually into a life-long friendship.
She told me that people were angry and would ask them "Why are 
you friends with them?" And this is what she  said to me, "They 
were humans too. They were our friends." These two couples 
stayed friends through, sickness, distance, up until death.
I am so lucky to have heard this story. 
I hope that I will be a friend like that.
(photos courtesy of: google image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...