Friday, May 18, 2012

For Elsie

This morning my mother called to tell me
that during the night our family friend
had passed. Her name was Elsie.
Elsie Fox.
She had snow white hair, 
and piercing blue eyes. 
She raised a boy as her
son, who was not her son by birth.
She never minced words, 
but she wasn't cruel. 
She was smart because she 
chose to never stop learning.
She was an avid reader. 
She use to clip her fingernails
during church...it always 
made me giggle.
She lost her husband but
never grew bitter.
She use to say, "You never know
the condition of someone's heart." 

She lived to be 92 and I am 
so thankful for her life.

"How lucky I am to have known
someone who was so hard to 
say goodbye to." 
(All photos courtesy of: we heart it

1 comment:

  1. ...and remember how Ricky (the terror) just LOVED her?! it was the funniest and sweetest thing to see him snuggle up to her. she was a great lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...