Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cooking with Dad

One of my favorite memories of Thanksgiving was when I would make
 the stuffing with my Dad. He had a special meat stuffing that he liked to 
make. He would pull out this huge, black, cooking pot, set it on a chair so I 
could actually reach into it (this might have been due to my limited stature:). 
Sausage, celery, onions, bread, eggs, pepper, salt, sage (and ingredients that I am 
forgetting).  Dad and I would put each ingredient into this pot and then would 
start mixing it all together with our hands. I loved that time spent with my Dad; 
it was as if the stuffing tasted better because we had done it together.
(Photos courtesy of: google image)



1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated this short and simple blog post - it made me think back to cooking with my parents too ;).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...